Thursday 20 December 2012

The day my life changed...

Two years ago my life changed forever, I didn't realise it at the time but things were soon about to become very different!

2 years ago today:

  • It was freezing cold and snowy, very snowy!
  • I had tried and failed to get into work and was working from home on the slowest system ever as the whole company was doing the same! 
  • My other half had got to work, but it had taken him about 2 hours instead of 20 minutes and he had witnessed many a skid and other dangers along the way.
  • I didn't have a care in the world, my biggest concern was probably getting up in time for work and remembering to feed the cat before I left. At the time though, I of course thought my life was full of troubles!! 
  • 2 years ago today.....I made a baby! 
I didn't actually find out for almost another month and although we weren't being completely careful, it was still a bit of a shock! 

Fast forward to the 18th of January 2011 and I was upstairs looking forward to my holiday when I realised that old Aunt Flo hadn't made an appearance recently....oh.
I remembered I had a pregnancy test somewhere in my wardrobe from a previous panic afew months ago so I fished that out and decided to take the test. 
I knew I wasn't pregnant but I thought the longer I stressed about my period not arriving, the longer it would take to actually show up! So off to the bathroom I went........

Rich was downstairs playing Goldeneye on the Wii with some of his old school friends.
I shouted at him from the top of the stairs and when he answered told him my discovery! 

He went quiet for a bit then made his excuses with his friends and said he had to go for a bit. 
Then I just head "wow....wow....wow!" 

The next 30 minutes we looked at each other in disbelief for ages and then the excitement kicked in!! 


The next few days were spent enjoying our new news, then we told our parents before enjoying a not quite as boozy as usual, but still very nice, holiday in Lanzarote! - This was also when the morning sickness kicked in - not fun when you're flying home on a plane with a fair bit of turbulence with aeroplane food in front of you!! 

So of course the next 8 months went by (I was 1 month pregnant when I found out) and our lovely little Neve arrived!
My life will definitely never be the same again now Neve is in it but that is far from a bad thing-she makes me happy every day and thinking of coming home to her gets me through work!

She is a friendly, cheeky and hilarious little girl and we wouldn't be without her!







No comments:

Post a Comment