Tuesday 4 December 2012

Hot tubs and other indulgences

Sorry I've been quiet, this last week has just flown by!

Here's what I've been up to:

Thursday was my Friday last week which meant an even longer long weekend than usual (I always have Mondays and Tuesdays off anyway).

On Friday we headed to Cornwall to stay in a cosy lodge for the weekend.
It was my in-laws 30th wedding anniversary so we all decided we would go away to celebrate.
For their anniversary present we've booked them a 7-course taster meal at the local Michelin starred restaurant-we got a brilliant deal on Travel Zoo which my colleague found for me.

The weekend was spent eating, drinking, building numerous brick towers for Neve to knock down, and general laziness! We also were very lucky as our lodge came with a hot tub!

I was a bit poorly one evening while we were away and worried that we might have to come home but luckily it soon went away and I was able to enjoy the rest of our stay.

We stayed at Hengar Manor Country Park- it was lovely and quiet as it was off-peak and at one point we had the swimming pool to ourselves! The staff are really friendly and there are lots of activities to take part in, or you can just chill out and enjoy the Italian restaurant, bar and the beautiful surroundings.

We got home around lunchtime yesterday but I have now started coming down with a cold so most of yesterday was spent lazing about feeling sorry for myself!
I did however cheer up for a little bit as I have ordered myself a little Christmas present...more on that once it arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment